Here at New Leaf Rohnert Park, we welcome new patients with open arms. When you are new to our office, we put in the effort to provide you with a positive and beneficial experience. Nonetheless, when you have been with us for a while, you can continue to expect the highest level of service. Dr. Eddie Kuo focuses on providing quality dental care, excellent customer service and a relaxing environment.
During your first visit, you’ll become acquainted with our facility, our amenities and our professional staff. Whether you’re coming alone or bringing your whole family as new patients, we will create a welcoming experience that shows you the level of care and comfort our practice is all about. We consider this first visit the start of a long-term friendship with you.
At this first visit, we will perform x-rays, gum measurements, and additional assessments of your teeth and gums. We want to get a complete picture of your oral health to discover problems early and provide a plan to fix them. Additionally, we offer invaluable advice on how to improve your at-home dental care routine.
Cleanings and Check-ups
Having a dental practice perform a checkup and regular cleaning gives a preventive approach to dental care. These general dentistry treatments help prevent problems with your teeth, gums and jaw bones, or they catch and manage problems before they worsen.
During your visit, our doctors will take a picture of the current standing of your dental health and what would be needed to keep your oral hygiene in its best state.
Gum disease has different stages. In the beginning, it is gingivitis. This is a milder form that can be reversed with proper dental care. If gingivitis is not treated, it can lead to the next stage: periodontitis. At this point, there is damage to the bone and surrounding gums that can be permanent. Nonetheless, dental treatment and proper maintenance at home can help you stop the problem from progressing further.
The earlier we can catch gum disease, the better, which is why it’s important to regularly visit us. Our goal is to help prevent and reverse early gum disease, stop it from worsening, and provide treatments for more advanced cases.
What is preventive dentistry?
What services are included in preventive dentistry?
Preventive dentistry includes a variety of services, such as:
- Dental exams: Regular checkups to evaluate your oral health and detect any potential problems early.
- Dental cleanings: Professional cleanings to remove plaque and tartar, which can cause tooth decay and gum disease.
- X-rays: Dental imaging to help diagnose issues that may not be visible during a regular exam, such as cavities between teeth or problems with the jawbone.
- Sealants: A thin, protective coating applied to the chewing surfaces of molars to help prevent cavities.
- Fluoride treatments: The application of fluoride to the teeth to strengthen enamel and reduce the risk of decay.
- Oral cancer screenings: Checking for signs of oral cancer during routine dental exams.
- Oral hygiene education: Providing guidance on proper brushing, flossing, and other at-home care techniques to maintain good oral health.